How to Block a Website?
4. Block websites using avast antivirus
Block websites using localhosts file:
Steps to Block websites using localhosts file:
If you use windows 7 or higher versions of microsoft operating system like windows 8 then you need to do some changes to save hosts file properly.
How to edit hosts file in windows 7 / windows 8?
For more security purpose Microsoft tight the security in windows 7 and windows 8.If you edit any files in system32 folder then they don’t be properly.To block a website you need to edit hosts file and save it again with your settings.
But it doesn’t allow to make changes.Here i show the way to edit hosts file properly in windows 7 / windows 8.
1. First follow the above 2 steps and don’t open hosts file.Now right click on the hosts file and choose properties option.
2. Now it opens a dialogue box which contains three tabs General,Security,Details etc.Select Security tab and you need to give full rights to modify hosts file.
3. Click on edit button and tick all boxes under “allow” option. and click on ok button.
4. Now try to save the hosts file.Hurry file saved successfully.
Block Websites Using Browser extensions:
Chrome extensions to block websites:
Firefox addons to block websites:
Block websites using third party software:
HT employee monitor
The Web blocker
How to Block a Website Using Avast Antivirus?
Yes avast antivirus gives an option to block any website in your network or in your pc.If you feel above hosts file method is difficult then try this method.
1. For this you must install avast antivirus or avast internet security.If you already installed then follow the below procedure else download the avast antivirus for free from the below address and install it on your pc.
2. Avast antivirus is inbuilt with some programs like Google chrome browser.If you don’t want to install it on your pc then choose custom installation.
3. Open avast antivirus after installation and go to Tools menu and select “site blocking” option.
4. Now check the “enable site blocking” option and write the website url which one you want to block on your pc. Here i block facebook website for this tutorial.
5. Enter the url in the box and click on add button.You can block one or more websites at a time and you can also use wild cards to block entire website group.
Hey friends just wait its not over because we only block website using avast and it shows clearly in the browser.So any one can remove the blocking on avast.So if you want to do strict blocking you need to secure your avast with password.
1. Open avast antivirus and click on “settings” option.Now go to password option on the right sidebar.
These are the methods to block websites in windows operating system.I hope this article is useful to you.